This exciting program trains people with substantial barriers to employment for entry level careers in the rapidly growing healthcare industry as Certified Nurse Assistants. JVS provides intensive case management, job retention guidance and follow-up services to make sure that everyone who enters the program is successful. Many of our graduates have gone on to complete their LVN and RN training.
To date, the program has seen 95% of its students pass the State Certification exam, with 85% of graduates finding jobs within the first six months.
The HealthWorks program offers excellent career advancement opportunities, as well as a wide range of employment options including hospital, residential, rehabilitation and assisted living facilities. Participants are given individualized case management support throughout the program, which has resulted in an impressive level of student success.
The program is currently recruiting for upcoming sessions in Central Los Angeles and San Fernando Valley. For more information, please contact Denise Silva at [email protected] or (213) 481-6053.
Read an article about JVS HealthWorks in Working World Magazine.
Eligible applicants must attend a mandatory orientation and complete an intake interview. Participants must also meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Demonstrate a strong interest in a healthcare career.
- Household income must fall below the poverty guidelines or receive public assistance.
- Must be able to pass a background check and Live Scan
- Be in good health (pre-enrollment physical exam required and detailed drug test).
- Achieve required levels on oral English, reading, and basic math assessments.
- Commit to perfect attendance for the duration of the training program.
- Live within 15 miles of the training location (varies throughout Los Angeles County).
- Commit to search for full-time work as a CNA immediately after passing the State Certification exam.
- Secure and retain a full-time CNA job for a minimum of 12 months.
- Additional requirements may apply.
To learn more and to find out if you are eligible, please contact HealthWorks Program Coordinator Denise Silva at (213) 481-6053 or [email protected]
Please call for our 2016 training calendar.
Denise Silva, Program Coordinator
1623 S. La Cienega Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90035
Phone: (213) 481-6053
Email: [email protected]
- Bank of America
- Belmont Village Senior Living
- Jay and Rose Phillips Family Foundation of California
- JPMorgan Chase
- Marcled Foundation
- Michael and Irene Ross Endowment Fund
- Ralph M. Parsons Foundation
- Safeway Foundation
- State of California Employment Training Panel
- Wells Fargo
- Winnick Family Foundation