JVS Scholarship Program
The JVS Scholarship Program provides qualified Jewish students whose primary residence is in Los Angeles with need-based financial aid, in the belief that education represents the first step to career success.
In partnership with private donors, JVS administers a scholarship program to provide qualified Jewish students with need-based financial aid. Since the inception of the JVS Scholarship Program in 1972, JVS has awarded more than 4,200 scholarships totaling over $7.2 million. Today’s recipients are pursuing both undergraduate and graduate studies at colleges, universities and vocational schools nationwide.
We are committed to providing as much aid to qualified recipients as possible and encourage students to reapply each year they are in school, so that we may help them throughout their post-secondary education. Today’s recipients are pursuing studies at community colleges, four-year colleges, universities and graduate schools in California and across the country.
In the words of a scholarship recipient:
"I am honored to receive your generous gift and am grateful for the opportunities it will provide me. My parents didn’t go to college and I was never sure that a university education would even be possible. This scholarship is helping me realize my dream!"
Do You Need Help Paying for Your Education? Apply for a JVS Scholarship for the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Must be Jewish
- Minimum age of 16 years
- Permanent and legal resident of Los Angeles County - for a minimum of three years
- U.S. citizen or documented legal permanent U.S. resident (green card)
- Planning to attend an accredited public or private college, university or vocational school in the U.S.
- Planning to enroll full-time (minimum 12 units per term)
- Maintain a minimum 2.7 GPA for undergraduate students and a minimum 3.0 GPA for graduate students for every semester or quarter enrolled.
- Demonstrated and verifiable financial need including FAFSA (student aid report)
Completed 2016-17 applications and all supplemental materials, including official transcript and letter of recommendation, must be postmarked by March 15, 2016 (for renewal applicants) and March 31, 2016 (for new applicants). A complete list of required supplemental materials is available online. Any supplemental materials postmarked after March 15, 2016 will be NOT be considered.