BankWork$™ prepares job seekers for positions as bank tellers as a first step on the career ladder in the financial services industry. This intensive eight-week program offers job training, job placement assistance and ongoing coaching for career advancement.
Read the article about the graduation of the 50th class of JVS BankWork$™ in the Los Angeles Business Journal.
Read the article about JVS BankWork$™ in Working World Magazine
Watch Julio Cesar Ortiz's report on BankWork$™ on Univision, Channel 34.
- Minimum age 18
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must speak & write English
- Basic computer skills
- No adult felony convictions
- Additional eligibility requirements will apply
The next session begins 04/06/2015
Apply by 03/30/2015
Lisa Meadows, BankWork$ Associate Director
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Phone: (310) 273-6633, ext. 5420
- Banc of California
- Bank of America
- City National Bank
- City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks/EXPO Center
- Continental Currency
- Jay and Rose Phillips Family Foundation of California
- JPMorgan Chase
- Marcled Foundation
- Michael and Irene Ross Endowment Fund
- Pacific Western Bank
- Sheri and Les Biller Family Foundation
- State of California Employment Training Panel
- The Pfaffinger Foundation
- The State of California Employment Development Department
- Union Bank
- US Bank
- Wells Fargo
Mariana Jimenez worked for years in a series of jobs with no future, until she discovered JVS' BankWork$™ program. During the eight weeks of training, she rose to the top of the class, exceeding even her own expectations. When she graduated, she received multiple offers from the banking partners who support the program. Today, she is a proud employee of Citibank, and is determined to move up the career ladder.