Job Search Services
Initiative of Los Angeles County
Workforce Investment Board
Take Advantage of Job Search Services
Step 1: Use the Resource Center
FOUR MAJOR WAYS TO JOB SEARCH:
- Openings posted on our Job Boards.
- Exclusive listings from Employers in our Job Order Binders.
- Employer Recruitments.
- Book-marked internet job search sites and employment publications.
ENHANCE YOUR EMPLOYMENT OPTIONS:
- Attend “How to” workshops on resume writing and interviewing skills.
- Use books covering a variety of job search topics.
- Look up labor market information to find out about growing occupations.
- Use our office equipment: copier, fax, telephones, printer, and computers with internet access.
- Use our assistive technology: voice recognition software, screen reading software, TTY machine, magnifier, assistive listening devices, etc.
GET MORE INFORMATION ABOUT:
- Training programs and financial aid.
- Filing for unemployment insurance.
- Other community resources.
Step 2: Work with Staff
You may be eligible for more intensive staff assistance with the opportunity to work with:
- A Case Manager to develop an employment plan, help revise your resume and improve your interviewing skills.
- A Job Developer to provide you with job leads, help you set up interviews, and advocate to employers on your behalf.
If you are unable to find work, occupational skills training may be an option.