JVS Scholarship Program
The JVS Scholarship Program provides qualified Jewish students whose primary residence is in Los Angeles with need-based financial aid, in the belief that education represents the first step to career success.
The revised application deadline is now March 31, 2017 - all applications and required documents must be submitted on or before that date.
In partnership with private donors, JVS administers a scholarship program to provide qualified Jewish students with need-based financial aid. Since the inception of the JVS Scholarship Program in 1972, JVS has awarded more than 4,400 scholarships totaling over $7.8 million. Today’s recipients are pursuing both undergraduate and graduate studies at colleges, universities and vocational schools nationwide.
We are committed to providing as much aid to qualified recipients as possible and encourage students to reapply each year they are in school, so that we may help them throughout their post-secondary education. Today’s recipients are pursuing studies at community colleges, four-year colleges, universities and graduate schools in California and across the country.
In the words of a scholarship recipient:
"I am honored to receive your generous gift and am grateful for the opportunities it will provide me. My parents didn’t go to college and I was never sure that a university education would even be possible. This scholarship is helping me realize my dream!"
Do You Need Help Paying for Your Education? you can Apply for a JVS Scholarship for the 2017-2018 on january 1, 2017.
- Must be Jewish
- Minimum age of 16 years
- Permanent and legal resident of Los Angeles County - for a minimum of three years
- U.S. citizen or documented legal permanent U.S. resident (green card)
- Planning to attend an accredited public or private college, university or vocational school in the U.S.
- Planning to enroll full-time (minimum 12 units per term)
- Maintain a minimum 2.7 GPA for undergraduate students and a minimum 3.0 GPA for graduate students for every semester or quarter enrolled.
- Demonstrated and verifiable financial need including FAFSA (student aid report)
To access the NEW Undergraduate application please click on the link below:
To access the NEW Graduate application please click on the link below:
Completed 2017-18 applications and all supplemental materials, including official transcript and letter of recommendation, must be postmarked by March 31, 2017 . A complete list of required supplemental materials is available online. Any supplemental materials postmarked after March 31, 2017 will be NOT be considered.